Tuesday, March 7, 2017

The Wonderful World of Planning - How to Stay Organized

My Brain on Paper

The Wonderful World of Planning - How to Stay Organized | www.dreaminginbabyblue.blogspot.com


Welcome back to my blog today beautites!!! Today I am going to let you into the world of a crazed planner addict. I am currently using my personal sized Finsbury Filofax in the shade raspberry. It is a gorgeous purple kind of color and I love the texture of it. 

I did hours and hours of research on YouTube looking into the kind of planner I wanted because I knew I wanted to make a little bit of an investment on something I could keep and use for a while. So for my birthday I purchased this beauty on the Filofax website.

Inside My Planner

The Wonderful World of Planning - How to Stay Organized | www.dreaminginbabyblue.blogspot.com


So when you open the planner there are 6 credit card slots on the left hand side as well as a large pocket. I personally don’t use this as a wallet so I use these slots for page flags and post it notes. I also have a planner charm that I found at Michael's. The first thing  in my planner is my clear flyleaf and this dashboard I took from my old Lily Pulitzer Planner.

The Wonderful World of Planning - How to Stay Organized | www.dreaminginbabyblue.blogspot.com


The Wonderful World of Planning - How to Stay Organized | www.dreaminginbabyblue.blogspot.com


In my first section I have my master to do list for the month, my Filofax wish list (which I add to when and update frequently), and a list of things to buy for the month so I can prioritize my spending.

The Wonderful World of Planning - How to Stay Organized | www.dreaminginbabyblue.blogspot.com


In the second section I have blank pages that I use to write my daily to-do’s. This gives me as much room as I need for each day and I can add my own stickers to it. I also have a list of my routines such as my daily routine, my cleaning routine, and my beauty routine.  I don’t follow these to a T, but its nice to have when I get overwhelmed or when I feel like I need to stick to a plan; I have these to refer too. The last thing I have in this section is my budget for the month, which I haven't yet done for March. Whoops!

The Wonderful World of Planning - How to Stay Organized | www.dreaminginbabyblue.blogspot.com


In the third section I have a page of goals, my daily lifestyle page as far as what to eat and my workout (I don’t follow this as much now that I’m pregnant, I try to just listen to my body). I have a list of my beauty favorites and the shades I use, all of my appointments that are scheduled, my running wish list and a copy of my passwords because I cannot remember a THING!

In the fourth section I have my diary pages. The month on two pages and my week on two pages. I will decorate these sometimes if I’m in the mood or if I’m bored. And the last section is for this blog! I have a list of blog ideas, a master to do list and a list of my goals for the blog as well as some random notes.

Why This Planner?


Over the years, I have used about 100 different brands of planners in 100 different sizes but I keep coming back to this one. I’ve had it now for a little under two years and just cannot shake it. I’ve moved onto other planners thinking they were “the one” but I always run back home. haha 

The size is perfect for me because it fits on my purse and it’s not too heavy or bulky like some of the others I’ve used. Also, refills for this size are easy to not only to get a hold of but also to make if I want to personalize my own.

So, I have to know; are you a planner fanatic as well? What planners do you love and what have you used? I hope you guys enjoyed this glimpse into my crazy planner!


Xo, Shavon




Sign up for our mailing list

* indicates required




                         

17 comments:

  1. I love organizing on paper too! My Erin Condren planner is my baby haha

    xo, www.lovekimber.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad there are other paper lovers out there like me lol. I haven't used an Erin Condren but I have heard GREAT things about them. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. I hadn't seen this planner before! I'll def check it out, I am always looking for ways to stay organized!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! I would say do your research to see which one works best for you but definitely take a look at Filofax.

      Delete
  3. Great advice, will start organizing with this! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will change for your life! If this doesn't go everywhere with me I have no memory haha. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  4. Love filofax planners. I tend to buy planners and then not use them after January. Maybe that will be one of my goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I was the same way for a long time! The trick for me was decking it out and making it something I wanted to carry around and open. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  5. I know E-planners are all the rage, but I love writing in my paper planner. When you're blogging on your laptop most of the day, it's refreshing to pick up a pen and write for a change of pace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly!! I use a computer at work too so to have something to write on makes my life easier. Especially because I can be the queen of Post It notes and if it weren't for my planner I would lose them haha. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  6. I love your organiser! I had a Filofax as a kid and I absolutely loved it.. I've got a zoella planner and I adore it I'm just so scared of putting it in my handbag as I know it'll get bashed about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not heard of a zoella before. Another thing I love about Filo is they are sturdy enough for my bag so I don't have to worry about it getting ruined with proper care. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  7. the ongoing strive for organization...the struggle is real. i know there are so many online options but i still enjoy having an actual book to look at and write in. thanks for the post (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am the same way girl! The old school paper route is the way to go. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  8. Totally agree with this! I use my agenda everyday at work and is my trustful companion

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a planner to because i need to write everything down in order to remember it

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love planners!! Total addict here but I finally found one that doesn't overwhelm me!! My push journal goes with me everywhere and it truly helps me stay on target with my goals

    ReplyDelete